Thursday, May 19, 2016

Nut Free Desserts Sure to Please

 

Sometimes I believe that people think making nut free, or any allergen free food, is time consuming.  While this can be true for some recipes, I have found many that are just as easy as anything else.  Here a few of our favorite desserts that we have tried in our home.  Click on the photos for full recipe and instructions.

 

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/cream-cheese-chocolate-chip-cookies-egg-free/
 

This recipe is incredibly easy.  Cream cheese is the base of this recipe, and it also includes butter, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, baking soda, and of course chocolate chips.  While I originally found this recipe for my youngest with an egg allergy, it is equally safe for my other children. (Just make sure you check the package on the chocolate chips for a nut warning).  I have not tried to make these gluten-free, but I would be willing to substitute the flour with a rice flour to see how they taste. 

 

 
 
 
Rice Krispie Treats
http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/the-original-treats
 

This was one of the most popular desserts when I was a kid, and my children didn’t know what these were until about a year ago! With only three ingredients, it’s fast and easy.  If you want to add some flavor to it, melt some peanut free chocolate on top! This is also egg-free and gluten-free.


 

Graham Cracker Éclair
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/graham-cracker-eclair-cake-105225.aspx




This is one of the kid’s favorites, and mine too!  It is just graham crackers, pudding, milk, cool whip, and chocolate frosting.  I buy store bought frosting (check the label).  The only bad thing about this is the 3 hours it needs to set in the refrigerator!






There are many more options out there, but these are quick, easy, and delicious.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Nice Article. I have been looking for rice krispie and cookies for my kids, specifically as a snack. They aren't allergic to nuts but in order for them to take it to school I have to make sure that they don't have nuts. I am going to give the cookies a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! I am definitely taking note for future reference for my daughter and school years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting post! I like chocolate cookies and rice krispie Treats.But I want to try to make a rice krispie by myself. I don't like too sweet cookies. So may be I can make a non sweet rice krispie by the recipe!

    ReplyDelete